Lesson learned the hard way! DOH!!! I have five failed platters in my kiln … So much went wrong – splintering, bubbling, over-firing. Shoot, what a mess! I feel like a newbie. I thought my kiln and I had a better understanding of each other. So, I’ll try again – this time without the conservative, energy-saving full-kiln approach, as I just blew a couple hundred bucks in glass. DOH! I’ve closed the lid on the kiln, and I don’t even want to look at it! [Hanging head …]
Before discovering complete failure, I did have a few happy moments with some new molds/experiments: Here are duo-colored fleur de lys which show some promise (for what, I haven’t decided). And a couple of dragonflies that may be neat (layered mica and dichro-slide).
The good news: I salvaged the molds, and I’ll get past this failure – eventually … I’m gonna need some comfort food tonight!